Thursday, May 5, 2016

Use your old monitor with raspberry pi

I have an old monitor, a CRT monitor, unused and placed in my junk room. But the problem with that is it is a monitor with only VGA port. So, first of all I bought a HDMI to VGA converter from Amazon. It cost me only 230 rupees.
After getting that converter I directly connect it to the raspberry and a soundbox with the converter's audio output. The sound did not work first but when I made a shall change in the config file it worked fine. You have to just uncomment the lines with HDMI and it will work fine.

Some snaps of my new raspberry PC.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feautured Post

Python Trivia Post: enumerate()

Python has a very useful inbuilt function, which is called enumerate(). This is needed whenever you need the numbering of a certain element...